
"When life gives you lemons, make lemonade."
I'm not the kind of person that believes in fate,
but certain events took place which told me of the existence of destiny.
So, what exactly is destiny?
As our dear Wikipedia defines,
"Destiny refers to a predetermined course of events.
It may be conceived as a predetermined future, whether in general or of an individual.
It is a concept based on the belief that there is a fixed natural order to the cosmos."
It just seems like there are certain things in life that we have no control over;
they are there before anything could happen,
and it shall stay that way, despite any actions done to alter it.
A lot, a lot of things have been related to destiny-
your life, your career, your future spouse, your kids, whatever whatever.
So, we should say, everything that is happening around us,
is no doubt the work of the natural order:
something that we couldn't change, and we shouldn't change.
I never believe in such stuff.
The young me 3 years ago always believe in the greatness of mankind.
"The inhabitants are the decision-makers."
I thought I could have things turn out my way,
I thought certain things could be shaped through hard work, determination, etc.
And I used to believe that everything lies among mankind.
It's nothing to do with natural after all, right?
Yet, a series of shit took place to prove me wrong.
Alright, not that much; it's basically just a few cases that I came across with.
I'm just wondering, isn't letting a kid at 15 going through all these a little too harsh, a little to mean?
But I think the almighty Lord believes that a defiant me needs to be subdue to the order of nature.
So, there's CCA, there's friendships, all the BGRs in my school, etc etc.
There are things that I deemed astonishing,
and also some that I find absolutely unfair.
There's a few individuals and events I would wished to explain in detail,
but to protect the rights of those involved,
I think I better shut my trap.
Now back home I would ask my dear mother,
"Why are things like this?
Why ain't the results like what I expected, despite my hard work?
Why he could live it off with no sweat,
yet I'm the one who is taking the shit all the time?"
It's all Man versus Nature,
but my parents, especially my mother,
never had a hard time explaining to me the rationale of life.
Mom is a firm believer of the course of nature;
having been through the hardest times,
she understand that all events in this world is predestined.
Hence, she often gave me the hard way:
"It's all fated, my son. It's destiny; there's nothing you could do with it.
So, you got to keep calm and live with it.
There's only one choice for you, and that is to take it."
Everytime when Mom said this, I will feel really dejected.
I felt as if, the world has abandoned me,
and then I'm left to suffer the retributions of all mankind.
That's unfair, that's unjust;
we were all born of the same human race,
yet why are our lives, our opportunities, our fate, so different?
Just as I was to rot and seek vengeance on mankind,
Mom would add another sentence,
"But son, it's not yet the end of the world;
When Life gives you lemons, make lemonades!"
Back then I didn't get the meaning behind this sentence,
but I knew there is great wisdom behind Mom's words.
I would say, the key to eternal happiness, lies behind this words.
As I grew up and met with more obstacles,
I grew to be more sour, more bitter, and angrier.
It seems like the world owes it to me;
and I'm bent on seeking vengeance, fairness from the course of nature.
For months, I have been living on a prayer.
But then, for no reason, things began to brighten up;
at one point of time, the magic of Mom's words finally worked.
And it worked like a charm.
It doesn't really matter who you are, or who you wanna be;
it doesn't really matter how you're born to be,
or how you're shaped to be;
what matters is, you have to make the best out of everything.
There's no way that everyone could achieve big stuff in our lives,
and neither could all of us earned great fame or make a huge fortune;
but the key towards a complete life lies in one simple question:
Have you done all you could with what you have?
I ain't born great, neither am I born for greatness;
I ain't a born talent, neither am I a shaped-talent;
I ain't born smart, neither am I a excellent student.
But like what Mom says,
When Life give you lemons, make lemonade;
despite the unfair circumstances I'm in,
I still got to make the best out of everything.
No matter if I'm able to make it or not,
whether if I'm able to succeed or not;
it doesn't really matter anymore.
That justice, that fairness... It doesn't matter anymore.
Because I firmly knew,
I'm making the best out of everything.
No comments:
Post a Comment