Friday, February 17, 2012

embracing life


I've decide to divert myself away from all that stress I'm going through now,
and just spend some quality time with my PC,
all that social networking sites, blogs and games.
Looking through the archives, it seems like some time ever since I've last blogged,
and I think that perhaps maybe I should give this site some update once in a while.

Finally JC life kick-start into the proper curriculum,
and for the past two weeks I've been having a go at JC lifestyle,
and all the little experiences and sensations that come along with it;
these include changes made to my daily routine, habits and practices.
Things are not as simple as taking the East-West Line everyday,
or wearing a cream-coloured uniform with red belt-
drastic changes have somehow or rather took place,
yet it seems like for this particular round,
I'm able to comfortably assimilate into the new environment.

Are things supposed to be just as simple as such,
or there's more than it meets the eye?

Here goes the old phrase that's been used countless times;
new chapter, new life, new environment, new people, new experiences.
So far things are still manageable, I've not yet flunked any of my test or assignments;
but somehow or rather I feel that the stress adds up as each day passed by.
You don't have the liberty of spending time with your PC daily anymore,
and neither do you have the freedom to do recreational activities during weekends.
Tough, that's all I can say, in the time to come;
but I wonder, since so many students came and went before me smoothly,
perhaps I can also do the same.

Not much of any inter-personal problems this time round;
amazingly you get an average class, with good teachers and lessons doesn't seem too boring like before.
One big difference here is that everywhere you go, you see people mugging-
unlike in my former school, time is always devoted to recreational purposes.
certainly this add on to the stress level,
but then, there's nothing I can do about this but to follow the flow.

Somehow or rather I've not come to the point to accept the fact that everything's been started for some time;
not even the fact that I'm currently a JC student preparing to take the 'A's next year.
Perhaps I'm still in my own world, somehow,
but the pace of the activities around me subconsciously guide me to follow the fast pace of my current routine.
Perhaps everything's going too fast, or maybe I'm still stuck in my old assumption of my environment, I guessed.

While academic stress does not trouble me currently,
somehow I see the need for academic rigor in the environment that I am in now.
As the old saying goes, "When in Rome, do what as the Romans did",
I guess the best way for me to really follow the pace of life is to do whatever everyone else is doing.
But it seems like everyone around me are either smart or muggers...
Times are bad, that's all I can comment.

While it still seems that it's still too soon to bade adieu to my old life,
my new life somehow just comes in and take position all over me.
Maybe, things are getting quick and hasty, and I got to adjust myself to the new environment as quickly as possible.

So far, still good.
Maybe there's still more to come, but well,
isn't life a process of dealing with things that comes your way?
Who knows what have in place for us in the near future...
All I know is, this current path is one that I've handpicked myself,
then I am obliged to give my very best and walk till the end,
no matter of the outcome and consequence.

Adapt and Survive; as my former Co-Form Teacher Mrs Koh said during the first day of Secondary 4,
one have to adjust to the circumstances of the surroundings in order to know what is happening and keep oneself in the game.
I guess no matter where we head towards in life,
everything voice down to the need for adaptation and adjustment.
Only by doing so, then we can maximize our opportunities and chances,
and make full use of all resources around us.

Should the road gets steeper and the weather gets rainy,
I guess all these doesn't matter.
Maybe the old principle still applies;
just do whatever you can in the best of your abilities and the outcome will be more than just satisfaction.
It's the process that matters, not the results.
Maybe it seems that I'm too idealistic to make such comments as a tertiary student,
but well, I can't deny the fact that the big picture of life is to learn and grow.

What that confuse and fear many is the unknown;
the unknown of the future, the unknown of whatever that is going to take place.
Maybe, this might be a wrong choice for me.
Maybe, my first self-decision is going to lead me nowhere.
Maybe, things might not be so simple as it seems.
Maybe, I might not survive even if I adapt.
Maybe, I should be taking Chinese Studies in NP.

Forget about all the pessimistic assumptions,
and it is still too early for any optimistic outlook.
Life is never a bed of roses;
never in life we can have an all-win situation.
But no matter what, it seems important that I finish the game;
maybe it is the process that makes me level up, not the outcome.
If this is going to be a struggle, then I shall struggle well;
no matter what, we all got to put in our best and never quit.

It's been 4 years of hardship, now it's time for something harder;
it's an honourable ending for that 4 years,
why not keep the record and give everyone an excellent finale with success and glory at the very end.

"Life is full of challenges. Embrace them." - Mr Tham Otto, former Mathematics Teacher of ZHSS (2008-2011)

No comments: