Monday, January 3, 2011

Back to School


So, the holidays are soon coming to an end.
Today is the very last day of the holidays...
Thinking back, I'm just wondering what stuff have I done to make this holiday a memorable one...
Well, quite a number I guess;
and this holiday will never be a regretful one.
All the good times might have ended,
but the memories stay alive in the heart.

And I'm just wondering what should I be doing on the last day of freedom;
but certainly, I'm not stepping out of the house today.
Just need to do some personal administration,
pack my bag, and then prepare the school uniform, get a good night sleep.
Yeap, a brand new adventure awaits me tomorrow.

Frankly speaking, the back-to-school feeling isn't there.
It's been three years ever since I enter this school,
and it just seems like every year gets worse than the previous one.
It's been quite a lot of shit for the past three years;
so starting tomorrow, I gotta lead a life afresh.
No more foolish thoughts, foolish feelings, foolish actions;
I'm just gonna concentrate on what I should be doing.
Which is, studying.

There's a lot to be done this year...
and I believe every little small action of mine is a key step towards my near future.
Or perhaps, to the extend of influencing my whole life.
Well, I don't aim to be the best of the best;
I just want to lead my last year of secondary school life,
as an ordinary, average student, like everyone else;
this is something that I've missed out in the past three years.

So, back-to-school.
Honestly, I ain't excited about it.
But if the misery isn't there, and so does the mockery, the prejudice...
maybe things get a little better.
But well, going to the age of 16, I couldn't care less anymore.
Let it be, I would say; if it doesn't really concern my safety that much.

But of course, I don't want to graduate with regrets.
There's a whole deal of unsettled debts between me and many other people.
Some, I owe them; but most of it, others owe me.
I don't know why, but I just feel that I have to settle it all to get back to point zero; somewhere in which I could start afresh.
I don't have to bring all the haunts from secondary school to the near future;
well, unpaid debts have to be paid.

And debt seeking starts tomorrow.

I couldn't get myself a brand new image after the years of mockery and prejudice.
All I could do, starting tomorrow, is to lead my life as ordinary, as low profile as I could.

What else, could I do?

Those days when I'm still a greenhorn in the school, I remember the lofty achievements I promise myself that I'll achieve. But none of them were realised. So, I told myself, for the last quarter of all these, I'm leading it fruitfully.

And without any regrets.

No comments: