
Well, after a long run we've come to New Year's Eve...
I don't know why, but to me, this has always been the saddest part of the year.
It just kind of hurts me, that memories are getting pushed behind,
and then, you have to go on to seek out for new stuff in the next year.
But then, no progress, no growth.
Holidays' ending, the year's ending;
and I don't know what else is going to end too.
Well, for sure, it's a new era in school next year-
changes in the CCA, and hopefully changes in the school's running system.
it's good to see new changes in a new year;
but they need to be good changes too (like DUH!).
Okay, so I went back to take a look at my 2010 New Year Resolutions...
and god damned it, not even more than 50% completed.
But well, that's okay, at least I've tried;
so maybe the targets are going to be a little bit lower next year.
So, here are the 2011 New Year Resolutions:
1) Weight Loss: Preferably a 60kg.
2) Academics: Don't talk about the points, just good enough to study Chinese in poly.
3) CCA: A good retirement... one without regrets. Maybe the CLT course?
4) Class: If they're willing to let me run elections again... I don't mind doing the shit for one more year. And yeah, we need more class outings.
5) Friends: Used to be a problem, now ain't a problem, and it's never going to be a problem again.
6) Life: More cash, more time, more parties.
7) Love Life: Sorry, but I do not have one.
8) Puberty: By right it should have stopped, but just a little few more centimeters, lest I'm going top be the one shouting 'yes sarge' during the sizing drill.
9) Hair: See how long I can stay with bangs for 2011.
10) That's all, really.
Pretty simple resolutions that doesn't need much effort...
but as they said, 'a simple life is a happy life!'
So, keep things simple, and things will stay happy.
And you will be happy.
And throughout 2010, I've been through serious bullshit;
bullshit that completely changed me.
Changed me for the better? I think so.
I've become more quiet, more meek, and more reserved;
but more understanding, more patient, more forgiving.
Err, well, various people played a role in the 2010 sagas(you can visit the archives to view my various shocked shit),
so, today is the day that we get the credits rolling.
Special and heartfelt thanks to:
Family, and Class of 3E2 2010, and Zhonghua National Cadet Corps.
Teachers that taught me this year;
Mr Ang, Mr Tham, Mdm Jiang, Mr Cheow, Ms Peh, Mr Chew, Mr Brady, Mr Ong, Mrs Ang, Ms Ng, Mrs Seng, Mrs Ho, Mrs Lee, and last but not least, Ms Noraini.
Specialists, NCOs of Charlie Platoon 2010:
CK Ng, CJ, Kah Chee, Chin, Ken, Daryl, Ervin, Brandon, Helmi, CK Seah, Oliver MK, Jonathan, Eric, Joel, Minghan, Weihan.
The Commissioned Officers of the company, and cadet officers Daryl, Daron.
My Boys, the Bravo Platoon 2010.
The usual friends:
Keong Cheng, Ting Wei, Martin Kau, JX, Chua, David.
Neighbours sitting beside me:
Audrey, Andrea, Sher Yun, Ziying.
The girl that could really chat with me in class, you know who you are (:
Friends I met in various NCC courses,
Sui Sen of OB Singapore 13-18 June,
Mat Salleh of OB Sabah 13-22 Decemeber,
Tuition clique:
Xavier, Clarence, Patrick, Christine, Amanda.
Classmates from Chinese class,
Kids I met at the detention area:
Jia Ying, Sean, Kenneth.
And also, the various friends and brothers I had in Zhonghua.
Once again, thanks with gratitude and tears to:
My camp-de-aide ChangJun,
Ting Wei and Keong Cheng,
My good brother CK Ng,
My 'son' Aaron,
Those friends that I made through other friends,
Chua who helped me a dozen,
Ziying who helped me thousand times this year,
Various ex-classmates of Meridian;
Friends I met online through MSN, you know who you are (:
And last but not least,
My dearest sisters, you know who you are (:
All right, that should be all...
I'm sure I never missed out any, I guess.
And yeap, 2011's arriving in like... 14+ hours from now...
and here to wish everyone, a Happy New Year,
a fruitful 2011, and keep that smile on your face (:
Err, I wanted to write down, 'forget you' for number 10 in the resolutions,
But I guess, let me just keep that devotion for one more year...
Right.
1 comment:
Aw, I'm touched...
*fumbles for something to say*
I've never been well with emotional words.
Have a great new year yourself too~
I'll cya back at school <3
Post a Comment