Thursday, December 23, 2010

MAT SALLEH ha hey ho !


It's been a day since everything ended...
well, I'm still not getting used to the urban lifestyle.
For instance, I'm walking around my house in just only boxers,
like how I'm doing it in the jungle back in Sabah.
And all that climbing and rowing "change" my fingers;
what's up with this kind of slow and stupid typing speed?

But I would say, honestly, that might be the best ten days of my life.

All of us came together as strangers, who didn't know a single fact of one another;
it was all a same course, with a same target, that bonded us together.
We came as strangers, aloof and distance;
and yet ten days later, we parted like a family, hot tears rolling down the cheeks.

There's really a lot that I learn from these ten days.
I met many people that I never met before,
deal with personalities that I've never dealt with,
and came across challenges that I have no experience with.
Every little obstacle was a test to me, and us;
a test of my perseverance, a test of our bond.
Sometimes we made it through, sometimes we crashed hard;
but it was great to see that at the end, we're still holding on to one another.

It was all the kind of usual stuff that people would learn,
which I got out of these ten days and everyone that I met.
All the textbook answers like leadership, teamwork, etc.
It's a bit pointless for me to talk about the textbook stuff that we'll all learn;
and then, it's kind of inappropriate to again talked about all the stuff every blog post have mentioned.

The ten day course was really challenging.
it challenged all of us physically, mentally and emotionally.
I feel proud of myself that I'm able to overcome my limits to seek for the better;
and I felt proud opf my group that we're always there for one another.

One my my group member, Ray, once mentioned,
"People said that the sky is our limit, and we have to overcome it. And yet, if the sky is our limit, who discovered Space?"

I always thought that everything has a limit to it;
be it negative or positive.
But I would say, the human potential has no limits at all.
The only limit is ourselves- how much we want to do, how much we're willing to do, that's our limit.

There's still a lot, a lot more that I learned from this course, other than this;
but I'll rather choose to share them with myself.
I believe that only those who have went through and seen through shall understand the wisdom behind every little life lesson learnt there;
these experiences are not something that a Tom, Dick or Harry could understand.

I found friends, I found my shortcomings, I found a new self.

And perhaps, by leaving home I found that feeling of home.

It's really very, very enriching.
And it totally changed me.
As what they said, "Bound for discovery, Changed for life."
All that I've went through taught me to cherish every little thing I have.
Including you guys that are reading this (:

So, another unforgettable adventure has come to an end.
And now, I wonder when shall the next one begins.

No comments: