Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Wimpy Kid?



And so, I spent much of yesterday night watching this movie series,
as shown in the picture, Diary of a Wimpy Kid.
The movie talks about a boy named Greg,
a middle school-er who tries to survive with his problems in school and at home.
Facing problems with his best friend and brother,
Greg faced up with friction with family and friend,
as well as trying to find his stand in the school as one of the more popular student.

This comedy-drama was humourous and educational,
as well as very much of a thought triggering movie.
While looking at how Greg tries to solve his problems and find his true self,
I can't bear but to relate the movie to my own personal life.

I don't have a brother who's a rocker nor a fat friend,
but it was the term 'wimpy kid' that put me and this movie on the same platform.
At times I find that I have much to relate with the protagonist of the film,
but at points I do find that Greg himself have much to consider himself as all-rounded and happy.

I don't know how would others view themselves by watching this film;
but I have this feeling that I'm just like the protagonist of the film.
The kind of feeling whereby you try to do something to prove yourself worthwhile,
yet ending up with unexpected experience and outcomes that you never thought of.

The term 'wimpy kid' still lingers in my mind.
After watching the series of movies, I tried asking myself,
"Am I a wimpy kid? Is my life like as depicted in the movie?"
However, I rather choose not to answer this questions.

I have to admit that I am related to the term 'wimpy kid',
but after facing all these situations and troubles for the past three years,
I guess more or less, even if I were once a real wimp,
I have changed to be so much different than ever.

The plot, though it should be a comedy, were much of a heart-relater;
the time whereby I faced trouble in mixing with people in school,
times whereby I tried to prove myself worthwhile in school,
times whereby I tried to communicate with my family,
times whereby I did ridiculous stuff with my brother,
and times whereby I tried to relate my feelings and thoughts for a girl.

Well, I don't know why,
but my life is rather similar to the movie.

Today, I wonder how many of those 'cool boys' and 'cool girls' in school,
would relate me to the term 'wimpy kid'.
I wonder, how many would still look down on me as before.
And I wonder again, how many would despise me, and look at me with scornful eyes.
Well, at this point of time, it doesn't matter anymore.

Going through the struggles to find oneself,
and the hard times to overcome the prejudice in school;
as well as the ability of leading a platoon towards success,
achieving distinguished honours for the company and starting a new era...
Sometimes people say as times goes by,
these stuff wouldn't matter anymore; you'll have a real life by then.

But it was the survival and adaptability through the hard times that kept me going forward.

Wimpy kid or not, how does it matters?
Sometimes I would tell myself that I am who I am,
but well, it's always the views of others that keeps you a distance from success.

I remembered once a classmate of mine, a female,
asked me why I wasn't the parade commander for the national day parade last year.
(my CCA was in charge of the parade last year)
She then later asked me if it was because that I'm incompetent to do so.

I gave her a slap in the face for this wimpy comment.

I once had an aide-de-camp and a platoon of 27;
my aide-de-camp later created history by being the first assistant to be promote to a senior specialist;
my men won pride and honour for the company by achieving the best results in the past four years.

With this, I don't really think I'm anywhere near a wimp;
having train and lead a platoon of heroes,
I feel like a hero now.

No comments: