Sunday, November 14, 2010

WOOHOO


This is a awesome Sunday that makes me go 'WOOHOO' !

So, I spent one morning at Serangoon,
doing some voluntary work.
What's the big deal here is not the work I do;
but the knowledge I learn,
the experience I gained,
the incidents I saw,
the facts I understand,
the time I spent.

But what's even a bigger deal,
is the people I met,
and the people I saw.

I don't know what to say,
all i can say that it was SUPER fun.
And meaningful, after all I'm playing my part for environmentalism.
Seeing the residents of Serangoon moving out so many biodegradable stuff,
I finally understand that how our 'daily trash' are actually so useful.
They can be recycled, and make into recycled products.

I never knew that plastic bottles could be made into a SHIRT.

I never knew that 50kg of newspaper recycled is a 20 years old tree saved.

I never knew that the people there were that nice.

I never knew that what I'm doing is so much meaningful than sleeping at home.

I never knew that I'll meet your dad there.

He looks fit, huh?

I believe all the time I spending here in front of the computer...
All the time for facebook, for games, for music;
well, they could be better used in doing things that are much more meaningful.

Better than slacking and playing, I assumed.

Alright, who wants to join me in the next environmental programme next month?

No comments: