Sunday, September 5, 2010

Be Yourself



Today, nothing much, except for a whole chunk of work to clear.
But before I leave my PC and get busy with what I should lawfully be doing,
let me say something first.

Over here, you see two pictures.
The female is called Kim Petras, a German Singer.
The male is called Nick Vujicic, an American inspirational speaker.

I don't think I should really say much about the guy.
But maybe I should talked more about the gal.
For those that doesn't know,
she's the world's youngest transsexual.
Yes, you never heard it wrongly,
it's the word transsexual.

Often, we find ourselves to be born in a certain manner,
such that it seems to be unfair when we are compared with others.
Layman terms, it means we are born to be different from others.
Real different, as in a way we lacked something what all other kids have.
It might be physically, emotionally, mentally, psychologically.

For the two cases above, Nick's parents got shocked at the first sight of birth;
and for Kim, she ended up in the wrong body.

Often times it is all these 'God's mistakes' that makes some people inferior,
and perhaps, they become a group that most of the society couldn't accept.

I would say, a society needs to function properly.
Someone told me before,
"A society needs normal people to function normally.
We are not a circus; we don't keep weird people."
How f**king harsh.

Even though these people, regardless they are the physically disabled, the transsexual, the mentally disabled...

They often spark glimpse of hope in my heart,
giving me a sense of warmth.

I'm often motivated and touched by them;
for they have the will to live their lives,
as who they are, who they want to be.

Maybe a love life of a transsexual might not be as fruitful as any ordinary human being.

But I believe it took Kim a lot of courage to tell people who she is,
and be who she really want to be.

Likewise, it might be hard for Nick to do ordinary stuff that we do everyday;
but he persevere and went on with life,
living everyday to the fullest.

A rainbow is made of seven different colours.
These colours are not the same, and they contrast greatly from one another.
But it is the combination of these colours, that makes a rainbow, uniquely beautiful.


I believe it is being who you are, and living it out to be who you want to be,
makes you unique, makes you special, makes you yourself.

Some people deny their true personalities,
because it isn't something that the society wants.
Some people give up on their dreams,
because it isn't what selfish citizens hopes to happen.
Some people simply live their lives as someone they don't wish to be,
because the world wants them to be in this form...

Some people gets rejected and outcast by others,
because they ain't the 'birds of the same feathers'.
Some people gets deny as a member of the society,
because they lacked the most basic necessities as a one of the society.

I would say, being yourself, is what you really should be doing.

Transsexuals have the courage to be who they really are.
Likewise, disabled have the courage to live out who they are.

It doesn't takes much to live out who you really are.
It all takes just a 'Yes' to face all adversities,
and be who you really want to be.

In this cynical and sinful society,
what that is left of the purest innocent,

Is nothing but a true self.

Be who you want to be, be who you are;
Everyone's a hero, everyone's a star.

No comments: