Friday, September 10, 2010

no title



And I woke up today, realising that it was September 10.

Not because it is the eve of the 9/11 attacks,
but it is your birthday today.

Set aside everything, I doubt you would stumble upon this blog today,
and read this.

Dedicated to a friend of mine.

I remember that time.
It all started with a chain forward message,
which blooms into a friendship.

A true, genuine friendship;
a kind in which I never had again, from then till now.

I must say that was an example of internet friendship,
at the start of the era of MSN.
That time, i was still young;
I didn't knew anything about the dangers of the cyberworld,
something like 'do not give your phone number to someone you don't know'.

And yet I don't know why we exchanged phone numbers.
Maybe at then, we're still children.

I remember the first time I called that number.
It was a nice, cute, shy voice.
It sounds like someone who was very, very, quiet.

And in fact since then, we chat over the phone almost everyday.
It was the literal 'cooking the telephone porridge'.
(the time spent over the phone was as much as how much you need to cook a pot of porridge)

I didn't really mind if the phone bills went as high as skyscrapers.
What matters is that, I find this whole thing amazing.
Suddenly talking to someone you never met before,
and a friendship bloomed over the telephone.
Though I never met you before,
but I knew you're a kind hearted person.
So, that makes me never to believe in the phone calls which get kids abducted.

It was random talk- but I enjoyed it.

I don't know since when all these stopped.
Those calls in the late night, those giggles and laughter.
The flower that bloom over the telephone seems to have withered.
The innocent friendship over the communication era,
came much to an end.

I never knew I would have met such a true person,
in the virtual reality world.

I remember once you asked me to sing Jay's 'Simple Love'.
And I never did it.

A true friend is hard to asked for.
And I regretted not cherishing that friendship,
which blooms over the telephone.

Never in life I would met someone like you.
Or should I use the word hear?

I think I could forget anything in life.

But not your voice.

Happy birthday, xiao mei mei. (:

If destiny has it, I think,
we'll meet each other one day.

No comments: