
Today's kind of relax,
but I see it as just the tip of the iceberg.
Lots of revision and work to do during the holidays,
and then, there's a lot of other things to settle.
Today Mdm Jiang asked me if I want to be emcee for Mid-Autumn.
And I say yes, probably because of the free mooncakes.
And, it was pretty much a nice day today.
Lot's of jokes, then some sarcasm.
Smooth sailing day, I would say.
Tomorrow's Friday.
Well, nothing but the kids motivate me for Fridays.
But nowadays I believe that all of them should be working hard for EOYs.
If they don't I'll give them tuition during the holidays.
Good luck, kids.
And maybe now I should share some of my quotes that I tell my kids all the time:
"Rank is just a piece of cloth, respect is what you earn."
"What differs NCOs are not chevrons or stripes, but the amount of respect he gets from his men."
"Good NCOs do not have the need not sew ranks on their sleeves. Instead, they earn respect from their superiors, co-workers, subordinates."
"What can you do in one minute? (wait for reply) It seems like you can't do much in one minute, hence I an say one minute is very little time. Since its so little time, why don't you think of using it wisely?"
"Power is not sew on your sleeves(rank) or entrust onto you(post), but it is the ability to get people to die willingly for you."
"I believe you all don't really like the feeling of being left out by your friends; so why leave out your (platoon) mates all the time?"
"I value character building in you all as much as I value your education."
"I don't need to pump(knock it down) them to get them to listen and obey me; all I need to do is earn their respect and trust, and they will for sure obey my words."
"Failures are just a way of telling you that there is one less way to success."
"There might be stupid questions, but all questions needs to be answered to clear doubts, no matter how stupid they are."
No comments:
Post a Comment