Friday, March 11, 2011

Carpe Diem


As I was reading about all the natural disasters happening today,
and then about the crisis in Libya and the Arabian world,
a strange thought rushed into my mind:
What if, today is the last day of all existence,
or tomorrow is the end of the world?
And then everything will be gone like that...
never to come back, never to return...

Then I began to wonder,
what are the things that I'll really regret if the world just ends like this.
I guess there's a lot of things that I either procrastinate,
or didn't have the courage to do so,
shall be the ones that will be of eternal remorse.
Things like not studying hard enough for my exams,
things like not making full use of every bit of time,
things like not clearing up tensions or misunderstandings I have with people,
things like not doing my duties in class well enough,
things like not saying the truth when I'm suppose to,
and things like...not telling or expressing what I really, really felt.

To think of it, it's really a whole ton of regrets-
a list of things that I never bothered doing,
or a list of things that I'll procrastinate towards the never-coming tomorrow.
There have always been a sort of feeling telling you that you ought to carry them out,
but in the end it just ends up back in square one.

I mean, if really some sort of nuclear war happened,
or some sort of meteorite crashed upon Earth,
or some serious tsunami just swallow everyone up...
Then, there will be no chance to remedy or make up for anything, anymore.
It just stays as thoughts that were never put into action.

Pulling myself out of my silly thoughts,
I feel a sudden sense of urgency when I'm back in the real world.
The urgency to get things done, the urgency to do it right;
the urgency to say things out, the urgency to say it well;
the urgency to clear things up, the urgency to make it clear.

And the urgency to tell you what I deemed as something I shouldn't be saying.

Now my point here is that,
time waits for no man, and then, you'll never know what might happened the next moment.
You never knew if anything would take place, or anything would just change-
it happens at such instantaneous speed that you'll never be fast enough to react.
And after that, you'll start regretting...

Whatever you are procrastinating about, get it done right away.
You never knew, what might happen and you'll never get to do it again.
Whatever you feel like saying, seize the opportunity to convey it.
You never knew, what might happen that you'll lose all chances of saying it.
Whatever you feel like doing, then get it done...
because opportunities don't knock on the same door twice...

It just seems like anything could take place anytime,
and we'll just lose everything in one instantaneous moment.
Time awaits no man, and opportunities only comes knocking once;
seize the time, grab the opportunity, get it done, get it said.
Whatever that you'll feel lethargic to get done,
do it quick, do it well; before it becomes an eternal regret.

Typing till here, I wonder if these silly thoughts of mine,
will lead me towards doing silly actions...

But well, I hope the ones who read this,
will get what i am trying to convey.

Because well, time passes too fast, and the world is so everychanging;
we don't have much space for any regret.

No comments: