Monday, March 21, 2011

You Doing Your Best?


I always have the concept that all human beings are actually 'employed' by various people, companies or corporations throughout their life;
In every phrase of their life,
they are mainly on a task that they refer to as their 'profession',
if not in layman's term, a job.
All of us have a job to do, all of us are professionals in it,
and therefore, we are somehow or rather, employed.

As the term 'professional' is always applied on someone holding a particular job,
eg. A handyman is professional in all sorts of fixing service,
I therefore believe that this job is one thing that controls our life,
making drastic changes over it, and influencing our daily activities.
I always see that there is a purpose for the existence of each and every profession on planet Earth,
and I believe that all of us, regarding which area of profession we are currently in,
we should be doing our best in our jobs.

I am a student myself; I define 'student' as my job,
and studying as my profession.
At this phrase of my life, I believe studying is the only profession I can choose,
and given another choice or not,
there is always a reason that I should be doing my best,
or evening excelling in the areas of my profession.
I holds the skills of solving problems towards different kind of subjects,
analyzing question types, and inferring from various contents;
these are my areas of profession,
and I believe I have to do my best in them, because it is a certain form of professional ethnic that I need to uphold.

In this case, the very first principle, including every other profession,
is responsibility.

Why do I say responsibility?
The profession that we are currently engaging in,
having direct correlation with the prosperity of our life.
As we know, we 'make a living with what we does',
by being responsible in doing our job and performing at tip top condition,
we are actually being responsible to ourselves,
as well as those that plays a major part in our life, ie. our family.

Doing our best in whatever profession we are engaging in,
is not to answer towards any parties, or sought after certain outcomes.
We do our best, is because we understand the correlation it has with our life,
and the various impact that it could take upon ourselves and people around us.
I firmly believe that if one part of life is private,
the other part of it is always exposed to the public.
In this case, I refer the later to as our profession.
Since it is something that we exposed ourselves to the open,
we should always do our best in our jobs,
not because that we are seeking after recognition or promotional chances,
but rather, we are displaying the sets of skill we possessed,
so as to answer to any calls of needs or helps when we are needed by the society.

Only when each of us is doing our best in our profession,
then in this case the society would prosper.
It indirectly affects us once again,
in which a smooth-operating society would ensure the least lost and cost in every service sector and amenities that we patronized.
By doing ourselves good in our job areas,
we are also benefiting the society in one way;
in which, turning back again, we are the ultimate beneficiaries.

As our profession is something that we 'do make a living with',
it is also something that we holds pride in,
and therefore we should always believe in the purpose and purity of principles of our professions.
There is always a reason for the presence of each and every profession in this society,
and there is always a certain perception that the society takes upon different kind of profession.
Be it a good perception, or a bad perception;
we should always portray ourselves well in our job arenas,
and show a good attitude towards our profession,
and do the best of of it.
Through this way, then only we can earn the trust and cooperation of everyone in this society,
such that everyone will be able to gain benefit from this cycle ultimately.

Of course, there are certain image that certain professions should always portray;
and all the more we should uphold and preserve the image that the society see us as.
As students, we should upon the values and morals of what a learner should always possess,
and to portray the purity and humility as a knowledge seeker.
Donning the school uniform is not just only a government plan,
but rather, an assurance of the nation in us as the future leaders of the country.
On most of our knowledge seeking journey that last more than a decade,
we should always do our best in our so-called 'profession',
by trying our very best to strive for excellence,
and to uphold and preserve the good image of what the society have of us.

There is never a time that a profession stood low among others,
neither a time whereby there is not a need for any profession in this world.
Be it a low-wage repairman who earns a living with labour,
a highly paid professional who earns his dough with his knowledge,
or a student on his way in the adventure of knowledge seeking...
No matter which job arena we are in,
or which profession we are into,
we should always do our very best to strive for excellence,
not for our own sake or purpose,
but in the big picture, to benefit the people around us,
and in a greater outlook, to play a part in benefiting the society.

No comments: