Dedicated to CPL Ervin, a man who earn my respect.
I would like to talk about something on NCC today.
I don't care whether if any Specialist or Officers are going to see this;
but I have to commend Ervin on his heroic act.
It was not long ago that Joel recruited Kenneth into the FSD Team,
without a selection, without our approvals,
under the pretext of 'member of the past competition team'.
OIC Leo was furious and fire was burning on his eyebrows,
but in the end, who choose to let the matter go and not to pursue,
despite that it was a broken military vow towards our team members.
And we even put Kenneth as second in reserved, behind Kah Chee.
Soon, Joel gave me a suggestion that he wanted to replace Kenneth with someone in the team.
First name he mentioned was Ervin. I was fed up.
A broken military vow, now another injustice action.
I advise him not to go along with it,
but he insisted that 'Ken was better in drills and have more experience'.
That happen when SM NCC confirmed the time and amount of people days later.
I received a SMS from Ervin,
saying that he is willing to get replaced for Kenneth.
I asked him why. he just casually said,
"Aiya, I don't want Joel to stir trouble and you guys to quarrel again."
Though Ervin shoed no enthusiasm in the trainings,
but I can see his desire to join the Team!
I called Joel asking for an explanation.
He said, "No, I called Ken cause I scared not enough people,
and people like Ervin and Kah Chee not enthu, so call Kenneth."
Even if he wants a replacement,
he needs a valid reason.
Somemore, we still have Kah Chee as the first reserved, not Ken.
Even if Ervin is to quit, which is impossible,
Kah Chee should go first!
I was touched. I felt a kind of remorse in my heart.
Touched by what Ervin did.
he could even give up his desire and hopes,
just because that he didn't want Joel to be facing Sir and getting punishment,
he doesn't want anymore quarrels in NCC, he didn't want any troubles.
A man who could give up his desires for the goodwill of all...
Worthy! A worthy man!
I couldn't give up as much as Ervin did if I were him.
I couldn't sacrifice as much as Ervin did.
Just because he is willing to give up this amount,
he should be repaid with a bigger amount!
Another time that trouble arises in NCC again.
But, this is another time that I spot a worthy man,
who could stand proud and tall in the amidst of troubles.
This time, the respect and friendship grew stronger in my heart.
Today, Ervin is no more the happy-go-lucky, the easy going Ervin.
He is a hero, a hero who is willing to give in, for the goodwill of many.
It's by doing whatever that you become whoever.
Ervin did something that made him a hero.
CPL Ervin, I salute you!
No comments:
Post a Comment