Sunday, July 17, 2011

Chances, will be there.


And so, it's been a week or so since the last Preliminary Exam paper;
life is starting to revert back to the normal circumstances,
following the usual routine, doing the same things.
Yet, we are anticipating a second round to be coming up soon;
I don't expect myself to take a short break before the second prelims,
but using this period of time to catch a breather,
as well as tying up all my loose ends in revising the syllabus.

I couldn't feel the real intensity when I was studying for the first round of exams,
but after I've seen many shocked faces from this round of papers and witnessing their determination to top the honour rolls,
I began to feel differently, as well as feeling driven and motivated to study harder,
in order to sustain and improve my current situation in academics.
It's a real hard battle awaiting all of us-
a struggle for supremacy among different students,
a campaign of fighting towards straight distinctions between schools,
the 'company quota' given by HODs to various teachers...

Not to forget about the struggle between oneself,
to get myself disciplined and motivated in this turning point of life.

It's been four years ever since the last turning point in my life.
Yes, I screwed up badly that time and landed in agony and pain for four years.
Again this time I'm faced with a second turning point;
one that would affect my life for good.
So, am I going to be as lax as back then, and get myself screwed up;
or am I going to emerged victorious in this struggle,
and join the ranks of elites?

It's hard, it's the system;
but there's nothing else we can do to it.
Well, we have to learn to beat the system at its own game;
study hard, be accomplished and successful.
Only by then you shall have qualifications to make amendments to the system.

All of a sudden I felt a strong sense of responsibility;
to study hard, of course.
Perhaps I am kind of motivated by the first round of exams;
who knows, the second round is going to get tougher,
and we just have to pull our socks up.

Never give up, that's all I can say;
maximize your potential and be the very best you can be.

And this is the only chance whereby I can escape from the screwed up life of mine.
Studying is the only way out? I guess so, in my case.

If I never take full advantage of this turning point this time round,
well, who knows when is the next time whereby life would give you another chance.

No comments: