Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Reversing It


A couple of things on mind today;
I woke up in the morning feeling a burst of energy through me,
and then went off to school for the last written paper for this preliminary exams.
And then, I'm back here, tying up some loose ends and having some personal time.

A couple of things happened recently that lingers in my mind;
the exams are somewhat coming to an end, with me utterly defeated.
But what's more important now is to actually set the sight far for the O levels,
and maybe, that's the ultimate checkpoint instead of the school exams.

With this, I feel a little bit more relaxed,
and gave myself some excuse to slack away from work for a couple of minutes.

Today I kept thinking of a question:
Is something that is previously damaged or spoiled, reversible to go back to the past status that it supposed to be?
Or would certain actions done to spoil something be eternal,
and we could never rewind to fix the situation to be like what it used to be as of before?
Would any efforts at the current moment be useful in reversing the situation?
Is there still hope?

Often there is regret in me for wasting a couple of hours away somewhere;
like not studying hard enough for a test, not doing my best in my assignments, etc.
Usually some kind of pathetic results appear of the situation to wake me up;
from then I knew that I need to take action to remedy, or reverse the situation.

Often time and hard work solves as the best remedy to such incident.
You flunked a test, you work harder for the next one.
You missed a chance, you wait for the next to come.
Some situations are reversible- not until the last moment,
you never knew what is the ultimate outcome.
I guess that explains of why people do the last minute mugging everytime.

So I thought, if I screwed up my grades this time round,
it is reversible- there's still another round of exams before the O levels.

But yet, there are some things that ain't reversible after certain actions;
in spite of time and hard work, things will never return to be the same.

So what am I trying to talk about here?
I would like to say that in this world there are two forms of situation:
The first is situations that are reversible and could be salvaged.
The second one are situations that you couldn't look back.

Relations and friends, if you get what I mean.

Recently I patched up with an 'old' friend of mine,
after much of the cold shoulder and cold war.
And it's like the infinite time that we made it back after quarreling.
So I wonder, am I able to revert everything to be as of the same in the past?
Or would the little friction and tension previously becomes a dark cloud over the bond?

I don't know what would it be this time round;
but it seems like my bond or relation with someone weaken everytime after a conflict or a quarrel.
Perhaps the problem just lies with me, I have to admit.

So, eager to reverse the situation,
I guess I have to put in double the effort for everything;
to do my best in what's left of the academics,
to show more concern or better attitude to peers around me,
and perhaps, to be a better person.

Maybe that is how it would reverse the situation, who knows.

Yet at times, it seems like certain things couldn't be as good as in the good old days...

If I had a chance, maybe I would like to start all over again.
Of course, without all the slacking and callousness in my work,
and to be a nicer person to friends and peers.
That would removed all those conflicts;
ironically those are the conflicts that made people understand each other better.

Yet without the friction, people wouldn't be strangers.

So what's the situation now?
The road ahead is long, and there are encounters yet to be met;
here, I shall try my best to do my best in everything,
with hope of new opportunities in the future,
as well as reversing those old opportunities that are long gone.

And so, I shall walk on.

No comments: