Army Day, as well as a Friday;
took my Physics paper wearing my decorated uniform.
There's a mixed feeling within me today,
as well as a whole deal of thoughts;
ideas and plans came galloping around my mind,
yet it seems like not many of them are put into action.
I was on my way to school today,
and I saw something I would say, unusual to urban beings.
It was 0630 hours in the morning,
and I saw this cat 'dueling' with a rodent.
The cat is frail, weak and malnourished;
the rodent, a small little rat that looks like it just reached its teenage.
The rodent's dexterity was too fast for the cat's paw;
after much struggle, it manage to escape within the perimeter of danger.
So the little rat took a turn at a corner,
and scurried away quickly.
The cat went hot on heels, but stopped at the bend of a wall.
There the rat believes that it is out of danger;
it slows down and crawl off, flamboyantly that it once again escape the gates of Hell.
Here, the cat hid at the corner;
listening carefully to the surroundings and on high alert,
the cat is determined to eat its breakfast.
So after a few steps the rat paused,
believe that the cat have given up the chase.
But not in this case;
the cat have the situation in its paws,
and is ready to strike anytime.
At the very crucial moment, the cat hesitated;
it wonders would this ambush meant a sumptuous meal,
or would it, because of its inferior skills, leads to a hungry morning.
The cat isn't so sure of its plans now;
it stood stationary, and listen, observed the situation once more.
The cat is eager to strike successfully- at all cost.
Here the rat who paused for a moment realize something:
itself is still under danger.
While the cat is indecisive on its actions and not confident of its plan,
the little rodent ran at top speed towards the nearest drain.
The friction between the rat's nails and the cement ground alerted the cat;
but then, it was all too late.
The cat looked in all directions.
Where is it? Where is it?
After moments of anxiousness in the middle of the road,
it then walks away slowly, depressed and hungry;
the chance of another meal wouldn't be so soon.
I was a little amused by this situation,
but yet I'm also kind of enlightened;
isn't every chance, opportunity or situation in life,
just like a rodent-catching game?
At times opportunities strikes;
we utilized our abilities and struggle to win a prize for ourselves.
After a long battle, we grew tired of the game;
yet at the same time, the defense of the opponent is critically weakened.
Just as we're about to give the final blow with our final might,
we wondered if this time round it would be a success-
the past failures and struggles seem to oppose the usage of the same tactics.
We hesitated on our actions, and was indecisive on our plans;
there, we gave the enemy walls and towers a chance to be fixed,
and then, opportunities scurried away unknowingly.
From there, we deemed that our skills have failed ourselves,
and we plunge towards defeat and bitterness.
Today, this happens to the friendly neighbourhood cat.
But I wonder, how many times this happened to me?
Coming upon a situation, a chance or opportunity;
I struggled hard to prove my worth,
yet at the crucial moment, I hesitate or doubt myself,
and in the end, walk towards failure.
Upon standing at the parade square today morning,
I saw you walking towards the foyer.
Then I wonder, upon the times that I interact with you,
was it the times whereby I hesitated to given an encouragement,
doubt that an apology would work, or were indecisive in patching things up,
that eventually lead to the disintegration of our friendship?
Perhaps sometimes failure doesn't lies in our skills;
it lies in ourselves.
We were not confident, indecisive and full of doubts;
we never trust our actions, or believe in our skills.
Perhaps, because I didn't believe that a concern or two will make things better,
hence I lost many friends.
So what about this?
Well, I just hope that in time to come,
dear readers would be confident of yourselves;
trust your actions, believe in your plans, and act without hesitation...
Don't stop believing.
No comments:
Post a Comment