Thursday, August 26, 2010

Teachers II


Don't know by when, I started to take the right perception.

The past few days had been very bad.
Seeing things you wouldn't want to see,
and having things turning out the way you wouldn't want it to be.
Thought of a lot of stuff I shouldn't be thinking-
gas taps, 'flying without wings', hara kiri, etc.

But then, I guess life took much a change.

Heaven had been trying to stop me from doing all the silly stuff.
First was showing my worth in making me doing good deeds,
and then an ultimatum by making Ms Lee saying that sentence.
After that, a couple of advice from Mrs Ho and Mr Tham,
and then a thrashing from uhh, fatball.

Before I start my 'case proper',
I just want to tell you if you read this;
I heard what you said today,
and the moment you told me to 'just go die',
I really felt like jumping off from the fourth floor.


Thanks a lot, Mr Tham.

You have always been a very 'long winded' person;
no matter whatever you do or say,
you always emphasized to us the importance of it.
I must say that you're a good teacher-
you teach well, you make sure we understand your lessons.
I always knew that the notes you gave us which we failed to file all the time,
are your hard work and effort.
Every sentence, every effort, every question...
You set it just for us.

I must say, you did more than what your job expects you to do.

I believe that the Ministry only pays you for teaching Math to us.
But not for counselling us when we are low and down,
and not for encouraging us when we failed sometimes.
Thanks a lot for your counselling today.
Really, it makes me took another perception towards things,
and felt so much better than before.

Not only you make yourself a teacher,
you're a lifelong mentor to me.

I don't know if the Mathematics you taught me would be of good use in the future.

But as far as I know,
the principles and morals you taught me,
will surely be of good use to me next time.

I met many teachers in my life.
Some were just there to do their job,
some were there to render help anytime,
some were there to screw things up badly and give a bad attitude.

You have your own life,
you have your partner;
but everytime you choose to dedicate most of your time,
not to your job, but to your passion.
Your care and concern for us.
Preparing for lessons, teaching lessons,
and even after hours, there for help;
academic, emotional, or others.

I met good teachers and bad teachers throughout my life.
Some are like Mr Tham, always there to help;
a minimal would screw your life badly,
and make you suffer. Really.

But then, I would like to say;
good teachers, bad teachers, all are teachers.
Whatever they do, they gave me a platform to learn,
to reflect, to understand, to enlightened.

Good teachers, one day my achievements would make you proud;
bad teachers, at least one day I'll make you understand I'm not that rotten.

No comments: